Jamison Joiner is a trial lawyer who represents businesses and individuals in high-stakes disputes. He has tried multiple cases in federal and state courts. Jamison delivers results through comprehensive case strategy and preparation, boiling down even the most complex cases into understandable themes, and communicating simply and effectively with judges and juries.
Before joining Reese Marketos, Jamison worked as a litigation associate at Jackson Walker LLP. Prior to entering private practice, Jamison served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jane J. Boyle of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Jamison handles a wide variety of litigation, including contractual, trademark, insurance, land use and nuisance, antitrust, class action, and civil rights disputes.
- First-chaired federal jury trial in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas in civil rights case involving allegations of prison guard misconduct
- Second-chaired Texas state jury trial in business divorce case; successfully argued motion for directed verdict resulting in dismissal of over 25 claims and two defendants, as well as postjudgment motion reducing award of attorneys’ fees
- Second-chaired Texas state bench trial in case involving allegations of judicial misconduct that resulted in dismissal of all claims
- Defended a three-week Texas state jury trial in a nuisance case in which the plaintiffs sought over $150M in damages; argued pre- and posttrial dispositive motions; obtained a take-nothing judgment on all damages
- Served as local counsel in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in complex business dispute involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty for which plaintiff sought over $60 million in damages; obtained dismissal of all claims at summary judgment
- Served as local counsel in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in case against major social media companies alleging violations of the Anti-Terrorism Act and Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act related to attack on police officers in downtown Dallas; obtained early dismissal of all claims with motion to dismiss
- Assisted with appeal in the Fort Worth Court of Appeals for energy company regarding interpretation of a blanket easement to construct, maintain, and operate pipelines; obtained reversal of adverse summary judgment ruling
- Participated on team pursuing antitrust and declaratory judgment claimson behalf of title insurance companies against the largest title insurance plant provider in Harris County; obtained favorable settlement
*Includes matters handled before joining Reese Marketos.